Saturday, October 28, 2017

no more "Christian life" or "abundant life" for me!

no more "Christian life" or "abundant life" for me!

Am I giving up on Christ?  Absolutely not!  But, Christianity today has evolved into a list of do's and don'ts that God never intended.  That is what most Christians call "the Christian life."  Not God.

Even "the abundant life" is a misnomer.  Jesus never said that.  Most Christians think of "the abundant life" as more money, more fun, more things, more success, more better health, more _____________.  He didn't say that.

In John 10:10-11, Jesus spoke of two different things:
     "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and  to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they
       might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.  I am the good shepherd:
       the good shepherd giveth His life for the sheep."  (

Jesus said it is His Life that is the Life for a Christian.  Not anything abundantly that this world's life can give.  For me, I call it "Life as a Christian."  Period.  His LifeHis Life as my Life (Colossians 3:3-4).  Life with a capital L.

Jesus said He came to GIVE us His Life, and that we might HAVE His Life more abundantly.  He wants us to acknowledge and call it "His Life more abundantly."  I want that.  I'll take His GIFT to me!

No performance.  Receiving His gift.  Well, amen.

p.s.  do you know how to "receive" His Life, and more abundantly?  Grow in His grace.

Lee McDowell Christian Ministries

P.O. Box 633244   Nacogdoches, TX 75963              936-559-5696

No comments:

Post a Comment