Saturday, March 31, 2018

tremendous benefits of "being weak"


how many of us recognize these three tremendous benefits of our “being weak”???

the Apostle Paul made this strange statement (end of verse 10) that few ever stop to really grasp the totality of its importance for all Believers…
     “And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in
        weakness.  Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of
        Christ may rest upon me.  Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches,
        in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then
      am I strong.  2 Corinthians 12:9-10

“for when I am weak, then am I strong” – sort of negates the idea of trying to be “strong” for Christ’s sake, doesn’t it?

Think on these 3 tremendous benefits of our “being weak”:
1.     humility & sympathy – how do we boast in efforts of our weakness?  yet, how tender we can be toward the faults of others when we stay cognizant of our weakness!
2.    turn to Christ – ever notice when we are helpless, we turn to prayer.  when our strength is exhausted, in our weakness we reach out a hand for His.
3.    Christ’s strength becomes ours – Paul acknowledged all things done through him were actually the strength of Christ (Philippians 4:13).  Paul acknowledged his weakness, received Christ’s strength by the grace of God.

We have opportunity to recognize these benefits and enjoy Christ’s strength, just like the Apostle Paul did.  Well, amen.


Lee McDowell Christian Ministries
There is nothing the presence of Christ can’t overcome
P.O. Box 633244   Nacogdoches, TX 75963              936-559-5696

No comments:

Post a Comment